jueves, 4 de febrero de 2016

Reading challenges January Update

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30



I can't believe how fast 2016 is going! I still feel like I should be celebrating Christmas or something.
 
Because I'm still on break from school and have plenty of free time I was able to make a pretty good dent in my challenges for this year, this is great because once College starts up next week I'll probably have less time for reading.



The Goodreads Reading Challenge 



After the progress I made this month I think I'll bump my goal up to 100 books for 2016

Young Adult Book Club's A-Z Reading Challenge 2016 



For this Challenge I have to choose either the first word in the title of the books or the author’s name (first or last) should correspond with a letter in the alphabet. You should omit “a” and “the” in the titles; letters Q, X and Z can be positioned anywhere in the titles or author names.

I've Read 20/26

A.
B. Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman
C. Edgewater by Courtney Sheinmel
D. Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
E. Endure by Sara B. Larson
F. Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa
G.
H.The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright 
I. The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine
J.I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
K.The Institute by Kayla Howarth
L.Lies I Told by Michelle Zink
M.I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore
N.This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
O.Between Two Kings: A Novel of Anne Boleyn by Olivia Longueville
P.The Prey by Tom Isbell
Q. 
R.
S. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
T.The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly
U.
V. Vanished E.E. Cooper
W.The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
X.
Y.
Z. Thicker Than Water by Kelly Fiore Stultz

TBR Pile Reading Challenge



For this challenge I have to read books that I own that were published before 2016 .

I've Read 17/50

Between Two Kings by Olivia Longueville (November 10th 2015)
The Institute by Kayla Howarth (January 9th 2015)
Edgewater by Courtney Sheinmel (September 8th 201)
Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa (September 8th 2015)
I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore (April 7th 2015)
The Doll Collection by Ellen Datlow (March 10th 2015)
Endure by Sara B. Larson (December 29th 2015)
The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly (September 1st 2015 )
The Prey by Tom Isbell (January 20th 2015)
Radio Silence by Alyssa Cole (February 2nd 2015)
Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (April 7th 2015)
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne (March 17th 2015)
There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake (January 6th 2015)
Vowed by Liz de Jager ( November 6th 2014)
Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman (March 31st 2015)
Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout (April 19th 2011)
Promises I Made by Michelle Zink (November 24th 2015)
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (September 16th 2014)
Beyond Complicated by Mercy Celeste (November 30th 2012)
Don't Look Inside by Spike Black (March 20th 2015)
Maid of Wonder by Jennifer McGowan (August 25th 2015)
Spelled by Betsy Schow (June 2nd 2015)

Young Adult Book Club's Quarterly Challenge #20 (Dec 1, 2015-Feb 28, 2016)

This one started in December but thanks to midterms I wasn't able to read anything for it, luckily it's only ten books


I've Read 8/10

1. Read a book that is a new release published in December of 2015, January or February of 2016: Thicker Than Water by Kelly (Fiore) Stultz
2. Many book awards are announced in the winter (Printz, Newbery, Cybils, etc). Read a past or present award winner. You can also read a book from the GoodReads Choice Awards winner lists: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

3. Read a book that takes place during winter or a winter holiday (Christmas, Valentines Day etc):

4. Read a book whose title starts with a letter from the word WINTER: This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
5. December 21 is Short Story Day. Read a short story, novella or short story collection: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
6. January 1 is Euro Day. Read a book set in or published in any European country: 
Vowed by Liz de Jager

7. January 2 is Science Fiction Day. Read a science fiction book. Dystopian counts of course: The Institute by Kayla Howarth

8. February is Library Lovers month. Read a book from the library or from a friends library: 
There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake

9. February 26 is Tell a Fairy Tale Day. Read a fairy tale re-telling or a book inspired by a fairy tale: 
Spelled by Betsy Schow

10. February 28 is Floral Design Day. Read a book with flowers on the cover or a character with a flower name.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos