domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2015

Monday Book Recommendations: The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Monday is the day I choose what new books I’m going to start reading but I have so many books in my To Read Pile that sometimes it’s hard to choose so I have decided that on Monday mornings I’ll recommend some  of  my favorite books.


Title: The Last Unicorn 
Series: The Last Unicorn #1
Author:Peter S. Beagle
Date Published: 1968
Publisher: Penguin Books

The unicorn wants to find other unicorns. Mage Schmendrick, whose magic seldom works, never as he intendsed, rescues unicorn from Mommy Fortuna's Midnight Carnival. Only some mythical beasts displayed are illusions. Molly Grue believes in legends despite Robin Hood wannabe and his unmerry men. King Haggard and his Bull banish unicorns into sea.





Title: Two Hearts
Series: The Last Unicorn #1.5 
Author: Peter S. Beagle
Date Published: October 2005
Publisher: -

Coda to The Last Unicorn – a novelette. Available for free on the author's website.  












This is another of those books that I read because I loved the movie, as a little girl I had a pretty big obsession with Unicorns so obviously my parents bought me The Last Unicorn movie. For years I had no idea that it was  book, until one day my dad saw it in an airport bookshop and gave it to me as a present; I got lucky because my copy also included the novella.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos