domingo, 2 de agosto de 2015

Monday Book Recommendations: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 22:30

Monday is the day I choose what new books I’m going to start reading but I have so many books in my To Read Pile that sometimes it’s hard to choose so I have decided that on Monday mornings I’ll recommend some  of  my favorite books.


Title: A Little Princess
Series: -
Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Date Published: 1905
Publisher: Barnes & Noble Inc.

At Miss Minchin's Select Seminary for Young Ladies, young Sara Crewe enjoys the friendship of her classmates and the staff--much to stern Miss Minchin's disdain. When Sara is unexpectedly impoverished, she is forced to become a servant under Miss Minchin's control. To escape her dreary life, Sara imagines herself a princess, and her experiences soon teach her that being a princess on the inside counts more than any outward expression of royalty.

First published in 1905, A Little Princess is a much-loved novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett, author of The Secret Garden. This edition is one of Barnes & Noble's leatherbound classics for young readers. It features the full color art of Ethel Franklin Betts, an elegant bonded-leather binding, a satin-ribbon bookmark, and distinctive gilt-edging. This volume will provide hours of pleasure for readers of all ages.



This week I'm not only recommending the book but also it's movie, since it was the film adaptation is what made me want to read the book.

One of the things that makes this book one of my favorites is the relationship Sara has with her dad, this relationship is the only reason Alfonso Cuarón can get away with any changes he did in his film adaptation of the novel.








0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos