jueves, 7 de mayo de 2015

Getting Over A Reading Slump

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 19:00


I spent the majority of 2014 in a reading slump, I can count with the fingers in my hands the books that stood out to me,  I think that the main reason of this slump was because 2011,2012 and 2013 were great years for YA books so many great series were written in these years so I went into 2014 with incredibly high standards. 2015 started out great but at the end of April I hit my first slump of the year so here are some things I try to get out of these slumps.

Take a break

As bloggers we sometimes feel pressured to read all the books that are released or that we are given by authors and publishers, this sometimes makes reading seem more like an obligation instead of something that you enjoy. It took me a while to realize that the world won't end if I don't read anything some days.

Read something outside of your comfort zone

 We all have that type of books for my it's YA Dystopias but sometimes too much of a good thing can make you sick, this also applies to books. Sometimes you just need something new.

Stop reading books you don't like

I was the type of reader that couldn't leave books unfinished and I wasted many hours reading things I didn't enjoy and forcing myself to continue, this is another thing that made reading a chore. If you still feel uncomfortable by leaving a book unfinished just promise yourself you'll read it another time.

Read children's versions of the Classics

Classic books can sometimes be confusing and heavy reads so it always helps me reading children's versions since they are watered down but retain the main purpose of the book

Ask people for recommendations

This is an excellent way to find new authors you might enjoy.

Back to Basics

There are reasons why certain books are your favorites, try reading them again so you can remember why you love reading



Image Credit Here

1 comentarios:

Beth on 8 de mayo de 2015, 1:52 dijo...

I think reading outside your comfort zone is just the thing for escaping a reading slump. I have quite a varied TBR at the moment - six or seven urban paranormal romances, a few fantasies, one or two contemporaries - which works really well for me, as I get terrible reading slumps and book hangovers. It's nice to be able to just pick a new genre to escape into, sometimes!
Beth x
www.thequietpeople.com

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos