domingo, 29 de marzo de 2015

Monday Book Recommendations (34): Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Monday is the day I choose what new books I’m going to start reading but I have so many books in my To Read Pile that sometimes it’s hard to choose so I have decided that on Monday mornings I’ll recommend some  of  my favorite books.

Title: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Series: Captain Nemo #1
Author: Jules Verne
Date Published: 1870
Publisher: Barnes & Noble

French naturalist Dr. Aronnax embarks on an expedition to hunt down a sea monster, only to discover instead the Nautilus, a remarkable submarine built by the enigmatic Captain Nemo. Together Nemo and Aronnax explore the underwater marvels, undergo a transcendent experience amongst the ruins of Atlantis, and plant a black flag at the South Pole. But Nemo's mission is one of revenge-and his methods coldly efficient. 






This was one of the first "Classics" that I ever read, granted I read the illustrated children's version but that was enough to make me love most things Jules Verne wrote.



0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos