miércoles, 25 de marzo de 2015

Incomplete Reads: Shift-Legacy Hugh Howey

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30
Title: First Shift-Legacy
Series: Silo #2A
Author:Hugh Howey
Date Published: April 14th 2012
Publisher: Broad Reach Publishing

In 2007, the Center for Automation in Nanobiotech (CAN) outlined the hardware and software platform that would one day allow robots smaller than human cells to make medical diagnoses, conduct repairs, and even self-propagate.

In the same year, the CBS network re-aired a program about the effects of propranolol on sufferers of extreme trauma. A simple pill, it had been discovered, could wipe out the memory of any traumatic event.

At almost the same moment in humanity’s broad history, mankind had discovered the means for bringing about its utter downfall. And the ability to forget it ever happened.
 



Usually when I don't finish a book two things can happen if I didn't read more than half I don't really talk about it on my blog if I read more than half I try to review it, this time I'm following Nikki from "There Were Books Involved" DNF Q & A

Did you really give Shift a chance?

According to my Kindle I read 70% of the book so I think I did.
Have you enjoyed other books of the same genre?

Yes, Post-Apocalyptic books and Dystopias are my favorite genre.
Had you been looking forward to this book in particular? Why?

Not really, at first I thought this was another book by the author instead of the prequel of his series that I was currently reading.

Did you have certain expectations for the book before starting it?
Kind of, this book is the prequel to the "Wool" series so I expected to see how the world I saw in Wool came to be.

What ultimately made you stop reading?
The plot just failed to capture me, I really didn't care about the characters or what was happening to them.
Was there anything you liked about The Lucky Ones?

Yes, it explained how the Silo's were created. I won't say more so there are no spoilers.

Would you read any other books by this author?
Yes, but not any time soon, I think I need a break.
So you DNF’d the book – but would you still recommend it to anyone?
Yeah, this was one of those it's not you it's me kind of situations.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos