lunes, 16 de febrero de 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (54)

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

This week's topic is Top Ten Book Related Problems

1)Books take up too much space and sadly my house needs space for furniture and moving around.

2)Books are heavy, before I got my Kindle every time I went on vacation there was a what book to bring crisis inside of my head

3) Living in a non english speaking country and having to wait ages to get the book because it's incredibly expensive to order paperbacks from Amazon.

4) I live in Mexico, this means most books are in Spanish this means that a lot of books had to go through a translator, the problem is most translators seem to come from Spain and even though we both speak Spanish at  times it seems like we are speaking entirely different languages.

5)Books are expensive, if I decide to get a paperback copy I have to be prepared to pay between 25-30 dollars, a hardcover copy might cost me between 45-60 dollars and if I go on Amazon I also have to pay for shipping. 

6)Not knowing how to tell people politely that you don't want to lend them your books. I hate when people ask to take my books home because they never return them or if they do they are not in the same condition they were.

7) The wait for the next book in the series, if it's an indie author sometimes you only have to wait a few months, on average a year but some authors *cough* George R. R. Martin *cough* can take their sweet time.

8) When you find this great book or series and it has an incredibly disappointing ending. This for some reason happened to me multiple times during 2014 and I just felt so cheated, all those characters deserved better.

9)Not being able to enjoy movie that are based on books because all I can think of are the things that got cut, that the actors don't resemble the characters, or things that they changed.

10) When people try to make me feel bad about my love for reading, yes I love to read, yes I a life and I also have friends that are not fictional; no I don't think that I'm better than everyone else just because I read.

6 comentarios:

CarrieAnne dijo...

Lack of space is certainly a big book-related problem! It's also really disappointing when a series ends horribly.

Kim B. dijo...

The wait between books in a series is often painful! And I have such a difficult time with movies based on books. I've had movie experiences completely ruined because of bad casting.

My TTT!

Megan McDade dijo...

I hate lending my books there like my babies LOL.

My TTT http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-3-ten-book-related.html

Amanda dijo...

Yes! There have been some really disappointing endings to series in the last couple of years. It hurts to invest all that love in books and be disappointed!

Paulina on 19 de febrero de 2015, 9:12 dijo...

Yes, the second half of 2013 and 2014 seemed to be filled with disappointing ending, at least for me.

Paulina on 19 de febrero de 2015, 9:31 dijo...

One of the most difficult things about the wait is forgetting what happened in the previous book.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos