viernes, 2 de mayo de 2014

The Well's End by Seth Fishman MiniReview

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 8:30

Title: the Well's End
Author: Seth Fishman
Date Published: February 2014
Pages:352
Publisher:Putnam Jevenile

A deadly virus and an impossible discovery unite in one enthralling can’t-miss read... 

Sixteen-year-old Mia Kish has always been afraid of the dark. After all, she’s baby Mia, the one who fell down a well. That was years ago, though the darkness still haunts her. But when her classmates and teachers at ritzy Westbrook Academy start dying of old age from a bizarre and frightening virus that ages its victims years in a matter of hours, Mia becomes haunted by a lot more than the dark. Their deaths are gruesome and Mia worries she and her friends may be next. In order to survive, Mia and her small crew must break quarantine and outrun armed soldiers in hazmat suits who shoot first and ask questions later.

And there’s only one place to go—the Cave, aka Fenton Electronics. Mia knows it’s somehow connected and hopes her dad, Director of Fenton Electronics, who has always been strangely secretive about his work, has the answers she needs, and more importantly a cure to save everyone before the whole town succumbs to the mysterious virus. Unfortunately, it’s not answers Mia discovers, but something far more treacherous and impossible than even the virus itself. 

A high-stakes, fast-paced adventure with imagination and heart.


I have mixed feelings when it comes to this book; during the first half I couldn't put it down but by the second half the book it had lost most of my interest but I must admitt it's one of the most original books I've read lately.

Although this was not my favorite book I can acknowledge it taught me a very valuable lesson: I f your mother/father/legal guardian works in a very secretive company and they tell you to run you don’t’ question anything and you obey, things would have been so much easier if Mia had followed her dad’s order at the beginning but if she had there would be no book.

The last part of the book left me with a big WTF? Face, the big secret really didn’t work for me I was expecting something totally different.

This review has an open rating if the book is a standalone my rating is 1.5 if it’s the first in a series I might give it three stars.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos