lunes, 21 de octubre de 2013

Incomplete reads

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 12:52
I normally don't leave books unfinished, even if it takes me a year to finish a book but sometimes a book makes it to my shelf that I just can't finish no matter what I try.

In this case the book I couldn't finish was: Tandem by Anna Jarzab


 Everything repeats.
You. Your best friend. Every person you know.
Many worlds. Many lives--infinite possibilities.
Welcome to the multiverse.


Sixteen-year-old Sasha Lawson has only ever known one small, ordinary life. When she was young, she loved her grandfather's stories of parallel worlds inhabited by girls who looked like her but led totally different lives. Sasha never believed such worlds were real--until now, when she finds herself thrust into one against her will.

To prevent imminent war, Sasha must slip into the life of an alternate version of herself, a princess who has vanished on the eve of her arranged marriage. If Sasha succeeds in fooling everyone, she will be returned home; if she fails, she'll be trapped in another girl's life forever. As time runs out, Sasha finds herself torn between two worlds, two lives, and two young men vying for her love--one who knows her secret, and one who thinks she's someone she's not.

After reading the blurb I was very exciting because it seemed like a great new series, also having read and enjoyed other books by the author, this book seemed perfect for me. So I downloaded it the day it came out and  started to read it; about  50 pages into the story the book had lost all my attention I put it away for that day resolving to finish it later, nut every time I started to read again it took a lot of effort to get into the story (I stayed on the same page for two hours), I wasn't connecting with the characters and just looking at the book lying on my desk made me cringe. 
After a some days of ignoring this book, I realized I was just reading it just to finish the book but not enjoying it at all so after musch thought Tandem went back to my "to read" pile in hopes that maybe one day I will be able to finish it.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos